Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sewww Exciting

Happy Saturday people!!!! I woke up this morning and was so happy to see that our nephew Trace and Nicks sister Courtney was over for the day. Every time I see this little guy he is just getting cuter and cuter.
I look like A hot mess, We just woke up...
We hung out with this little guy for A while..
While Nick was holding him our fur baby Jag was standing guard.. He is so bad yall
I just Love this picture
 Nicks sister Courtney was telling me how Trace loves to play with wash clothes and hes always pulling on his clothes. I thought of these adorable Taggie Blankets that I saw on Etsy, I knew I could make them. The only problem was the sewing machine Nicks gram gave me a couple years ago was broken. i have never taken the time to figure out what was wrong with it or even learn how to sew. That's right people I have no idea how to sew. Nicks Gram was over so I busted out the sewing machine and had her take A look.
We couldn't figure it out... It looked good on one side
But on the other side it looked like this... A Mess
And so did the kitchen table
FINALLY we figured it out..The piece to hold the spool of thread on tight was missing so it made all the thread go crazy.I knew my super smart hubby could figure out something to hold it in place. So what does he come back with...A zip tie. He is so like his father, His dad can fix anything with A zip Tie. I was SUPER happy and now had A working sewing machine.
I played around with it for quite A while,And then tried to make the taggie blanket for trace.
This is what it should look like
I didn't have enough fabric, And the fabric I had I wasn't to crazy about. I just wanted to mess around and see if I could and this is what I came up with. I cant wait to get the right material and make him one to have.

No comments: