Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Forever Thankful


Hello everyone, I hope yall are having A great week. I have some GREAT news. Nick had A Dr. Appointment Monday,His FEV 1 went up 10 points. When he was in the hospital last month it was the lowest it has EVER been, A very scary 21. That is when they came in and talked to Nick and I about him going on the list for A double lung transplant. Thankfully Nick is A VERY determined person and has worked hard this past month. Nick went into his Dr. appointment Monday and blew 10 points higher...31!!!! I am so proud of him and his determination. 31 is still too low for comfort but something we are defiantly working on together.I am so thankful to have A husband who is so strong and optimistic, I know I say it all the time but it is such A blessing in my life. As most of you know I have recently got A new job in retail,Which is working out good so far. I was hired on as temporary for the holiday season. With lots of prayer and my wonderful customer service skills... haha I got moved from temporary to full time...I feel so blessed that things have worked out there and is one less thing I am worrying about all the time.Working there I have met a lot of new people,Which is great because I love meeting new people. On the other hand I am so disappointed in the way people think and act sometimes. I know times are tough right now and we are all going through things,But it just seems like everyone is ALWAYS complaining. I know I have been totally guilty of doing this myself. Its very easy to do. Since getting this news of Nicks possible transplant I just keep thinking "Things could ALWAYS be worse". I had A lady come through my line today and she was complaining how her husband doesn't make enough money for her spending habits....When I asked the lady where her husband worked at and she said he was A pilot for A airline. In the back of my mind all I could think about was " You ungrateful woman,Be thankful your husband is able to work". Nick is such A hard worker and would do ANYTHING to be able to work again, and here this lady was complaining because her husband didn't make enough money for her taste. I know I am kinda ranting and raving here but it just really bothers me. I have seen SO much of this lately and wish people would just remember what life is about. I wish that everyone could live with someone like Nick for A little while and then maybe they will be thankful for their healthy body and family....Anyways I just had to get that out... Am I the only one who feels this way??? Have A great week everyone and please take some time to thank the people who make A difference in your life, Let them know you care and most of all BE THANKFUL and remember it could always be worse.....XOXO ALWAYS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, that's AWESOME!!!! Keep up the good work Fibro!

Ronnie