Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love is all you need....





This year Nick and I did something A little different.... Every year Nick and I usually spend the day together and the go out to eat that night for Valentines day. We usually don't buy each other gifts just exchange cards and enjoy each others company. This year we decided to do something different and I am SO glad we did. Saturday morning Nick and I along with his Mom and Dad all went to Callahan. My father in law and I always give blood and what better day to do it then Valentines day... HAHA So we went and donated blood but it was extra special this time. A family friend of ours has A little girl names Callie who has A heart condition. Her and her family have to fly out to California often for heart surgery. During surgery Callie has to get blood transfusions that are quite costly from my understanding. So everyone who gave blood Saturday was giving towards Callie's blood supply for surgery. She got credits for every pint of blood someone gave. So it was nice to be able to give that gift. Then after that we decided instead of just Nick and I going out for dinner, Why not invite the other people we love. So Nick and I along with his Mother and Father, Grandmother and Brother all went out to eat. It was so nice to go and enjoy that time with them. Through them I realize why my husband is the amazing person that he is. It is because of them that Nick is the strong willed,Honest,Hard working and determined man that I love today. To me their is nothing that can make you stronger than being two young parents and raising A child with A illness such As CF. Not only do you have to be strong but have faith. I am so thankful for the person that my husband is. I am so thankful for what he has overcome and the obstacles he will continue to overcome. I am so happy that I too will be able to be apart of that journey with him. I am so proud to be able to call him my husband. I think that with every obstacle Nick and I get through my love and compassion for him only grows stronger and stronger. So this Valentines was so great! I got to spend it with some of the greatest people. I am so thankful for them. I hope everyone had A great Valentines day!!!! I also added pictures from tonights dinner at the parents house.... XOXO Always

No comments: