Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Our Story



If you were to ask me in the 7Th grade who I thought my husband would be, I think Brad Pitt would have been more probable than Nick Brown. In middle school we always picked on each other the way little kids do when they really like each other. It was not until high school that we began to hang out thanks to some mutual friends of ours.Something about him being so shy made me want to know more about him.So me being the crazy outspoken girl that I am made every effort to get to know him better.FINALLY he caught on!!!! Soon after that we had our first date... at our high school homecoming game, Then dinner and A movie.After that we were pretty inseparable. Nick and I dated throughout high school, with me never knowing Nick had Cystic Fibrosis. It was not until we had been dating about six months that things just were not making sense. I knew something was not right, Nick had serious stomach aches,Coughed a lot and ate a lot but NEVER gained weight. So he FINALLY told me. In his mind he really thought that by me finding out about him having Cystic Fibrosis this was the end of our relationship. For me it was just the beginning of A life long journey. From that moment on I was determined to learn everything I could about Cystic Fibrosis and take care of him to the best of my knowledge.On May 23rd Nick and I graduated together from West Nassau High school. On Easter Sunday 2005 Nick purposed to me and I said no.... Just kidding Of course I said yes. So on November 10Th 2007 our 4 year anniversary Nick and I got married !!! Finally!! We now live in Jacksonville Florida. At this point in our life we are realizing that we MUST put God first in our lives.i am so thankful that God has blessed me with A husband who is As honest,optimistic,handsome and funny as mine is.He truly is my other half and has taught me more about life and myself than I could have ever imagined.

No comments: